[MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Feb 25 01:02:56 CET 2003

I'm afraid that volutiers should already own that MB.
I get confused and by "Processor Support - VIA C3™, VIA Eden™ Series ".
Does this meen that it supports only these processors? I've never seen any
of those in sale (well in my coutry). Oh yes, somewhere below Pentium III
is mention.
Anyway it looks like this accelerator could be handled by XVmc (XVideo
Motion Compensation, it do and IDCT), that mplayer desn't support (yet).
On the other side mplayer support mpeg "passtrough" for hardware decoders
like DVB,DXR2/3 etc.
So the question is what do you want from us? And what do you have already
(X driver, library decoder, or just specifications?)

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev

p.s.
i'm not volutier (yet)