[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Feb 24 21:31:57 CET 2003

Hi!

Very nice, but you should know that we won't sign any NDA, and we're
developing a GNU/GPL software, so ALL of the sources WILL BE released.
We beleives in the freedom of knowledge and information, without this
mplayer won't be existed nowdays I think ...

Thanx for your offering!

- Gábor

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:58:32PM +0100, Eric Lammerts wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Fiona Gatt wrote:
> > I am emailing you to see if anyone with experience in mplayer would
> > like to work with us to support the CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding
> > capabilities. The CLE266 chipset is featured on the VIA EPIA
> > M-series mainboard, which is a fully integrated Mini-ITX form factor
> > (17x17cm) motherboard, being used for various applications around
> > the world, especially building set top box and Hi-Fi PC designs.
>
> The best way to get support for your chipset is make the datasheets
> freely available for download. Do you intend to do that?
>
> Eric

- Gábor (larta'H)