[MPlayer-dev-eng] .deb of 0.90rc4 for Woody

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Feb 24 21:30:39 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:53:34 +0100
debdev at Tonelli.sns.it (A Mennucc1) wrote:

>  we have made Debian packages out of rc4
> these are for the latest Debian stable release   (a.k.a. Woody )
>

> The debian/ directory is slightly different than the one in the
>  original tar.bz2
>  (it has more templates, some corrections, and a script
>  to download codecs with automatic mirror selection; it
>  does not build mencoder)
>  so you may wish to give it a look
>
> To download, just add
>  deb  http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer/ ./
> to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> These packages are a collaborative effort of Dariush Pietrzak, me,
> and thuglife

Hmm.. it's IMHO not a good idea to build just one package for all.
You should split it and do a multibinary package with different
dependencies. I had a short discussion about this with Dariush
which lead me to add the debian-build directory to the CVS.
It's the start of such a build system which i wasnt able to finish.

The basic idea was to build for the major cases of lib dependencies
and for the special codecs/libraries a package.

>From the mail i send to Dariush:
---schnipp---
If done a small list of the packages that should be created:

general packages:
 mplayer-$variant, mencoder, mplayer-doc, mplayer-win32, mplayer-qtx,
 mplayer-real, libdha, vidix

Here i want to split libdha and vidix out of the main package because they may
be used with other programs as well

The main switches for the mplayer-$variant packages are:
gui/nongui
real/nonreal
x: vidix,dga,gl,vesa,mga,xmga,xv,vm,xinerama,x11,fbdev
no-x:vidix,vesa,svga,mga,fbdev
oss/alsa

which creates folowing packages:

nongui,non-x,no-real,oss
nongui,non-x,no-real,alsa
nongui,x,no-real,oss
nongui,x,no-real,alsa
nongui,x,real,oss
nongui,x,real,alsa
nongui,x,no-real,oss
nongui,x,no-real,alsa
nongui,x,real,oss
nongui,x,real,alsa

additionaly i set also those options for all packages:

--enable-termcap
--disable-iconv
--disable-setlocale
--disable-lirc
--disable-tv-v4l
--disable-tv-bsdbt848
--enable-rtc
--disable-dvdnav
--disable-dvdread
--enable-mpdvdkit
--disable-css
--disable-cdparanoia
--disable-freetype
--disable-gif
--disable-png
--disable-jpeg
--disable-liblzo
--enable-win32
--disable-xanim
--disable-xvid
--disable-divx4linux
--disable-libfame
--enable-vorbis
--disable-faad
--disable-libdv
--disable-mad
--disable-sdl
--disable-aa
--disable-ggi
--disable-directx
--disable-dvb
--disable-dxr2
--disable-dxr3
--disable-directfb
--disable-zr
---schnapp---

I think this is more or less a usefull framework, altough it may be
optimized as i dont know the debian package build system to it's
heard.

		Attila Kinali

--
Emacs ist für mich kein Editor. Für mich ist das genau das gleiche, als wenn
ich nach einem Fahrrad (für die Sonntagbrötchen) frage und einen pangalaktischen