[MPlayer-dev-eng] Default cvid decoder

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Thu Feb 20 21:35:03 CET 2003

Hi all.

Yesterday on mplayer-users someone complained (see "distorted output
with cvid codec") about an avi displayed wrong.
The problem is there only with vfw codec, it works fine with the native
one.
It's not the first report of this kind that i remember (usualy
associated with odd width files).

Is there any reason to prefer the vfw codec over the native one?
Are there some files that don't play well with -vc cvid but do with vfw?
If yes, please let me know and i'll try to fix them. Else, we shoud
consider setting the native codec as default.

Ciao,
  Roberto