[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: install localized manpages +

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Sat Feb 15 10:34:16 CET 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Saturday, February 15 at  1:09) I've received something...
>> So can we finally end this LAME discussion and somebody implement
>> this into the Makefile??? I couldn't install MPlayer since a week...

I've sent here example of that implementation before. You want me to
patch it, test and send diff?

>> (yes I'm lazy to patch even one line;)

>I'll be happy to implement installation of the correct man page based
>on --language=foo. BTW, does mplayer even support runtime language

--language=foo isn't correct way since people (at least me) may want more
than one language. I'm against that way, it's ugly, sorry.

>selection? If not, there seems to be no point in installing any manual
>but the one for the selected language...

BTW, it's pointless argue that, if you can read this thread careful.

>BTW, if you could point me to a localized package with multiple
>translated man pages, I'd be happy to read its scripts and figure out
>why it installs them for everyone but myself, so that mplayer can do
>the same.

Unfortunately most of packages don't have localized manpages yet. I don't
think it's good but it is so. I think it's cause why you have no such man
directories yet. Since mplayer have localized manpages all we have to do
is to install its by correct way.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.