[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] -xpos -ypos

Filip Kalinski filon at pld.org.pl
Tue Feb 11 00:38:11 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:20:51 +0100
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:26:15 +0100
> Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:17:30 +0000
> > Mark Zealey <mark at zealos.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Because the driver you used probably doesn't have handling code for -geometry
> > > in.. its only like two lines if you can figure out where to put it and the
> > > driver is coded right...
> >
> > currently only xv and fbdev honor it, all others dont.
> > I wanted to add it to the other x11 based drivers but got stuck
> > in a clean up as the code of some drivers which should have nearly
> > the same code is out of sync.
>
> Sdl accepts geometry too. But, as I have wrote, it works (with xv or sdl) only
> when mplayer is started in fullscreen, and then switched to window mode.
> When it is started in window (-nofs) geometry does not affect window possition.

After more investigation it looks like it is partially fault of window manager
(I use sawfish 1.2).

When I turned off positiong new windows on center, -geometry started to work :-)
But a part of the fault is beacuse of mplayer.

IMO mplayer should force position of window when it has given -geometry
(again, when started in fullscreen and then changed back to window, it was
worknig, even with window manager's positiong)

--
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl>