[MPlayer-dev-eng] !!! CVS forked main->0_90 !!!

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 10 01:57:14 CET 2003

Hi,

> 'main' is the development tree from this minute.
> feel free to commit anything there.
> btw we should/could start tree reorganizing in main now.
> (like linux->osdep, removing -aop plugins, upgrading liba52/libmpeg2 and so
> on, ideas welcomed)

I have set aside the work on the mixer interface for now I coudn't
make it clean without changing the libao2 interface. I had a look and
it turned out to be easier to rewrite the whole lib than adding
functionality. I have started to write a new audio interface called
libaio (audio input and output). The new features will be:

1. Audio input and output instead of only output.
2. Auto-negotiation with libaf supported.
3. Command-line interface ala af/vf.
4. More advanced interface to mixer.
5. Support for multiple devices.

I will port oss and possibly alsa and arts, I will also write a jack
driver. I will post the whole thing here when the oss port is
finished. When all drivers are ported libao2 can be completely
removed, plugins and all.

BTW: don't forget to rename the "linux" directory.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Cheers,
//Anders