[MPlayer-dev-eng] packaging cygwin mplayer

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Feb 9 22:27:59 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 09:54:16PM +0000, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> I dunno with what tool ffdshow is packaged but it has support for
> configuration of file associations

I'll see if they release the source for their packaging scripts.

> > Speaking of domination, MPlayer should be able to replace RealPlayer.
> > However, I haven't gotten the real dlls to work in cygwin yet.  I am
> > still investigating why, but dlopen quits with error 126 (file not
> > found, i think) with both of the following completely correct paths:
> >   c:\program files\mplayer\conf\lib\real\sipr.dll
> >   /cygdrive/c/program files/mplayer/conf/lib/real/sipr.dll
> > and the MPlayer gets sig11.  When I compile with --enable-debug, it
> > still gives error 126 from dlopen, but the sig11 goes away, so I have no
> > idea where or why it happens.  Any suggestions for what to try next?
> > I got these DLLs from mplayerhq on the codecs page as rp8codecs for
> > win32.  Are these known to work at all under cygwin?  I've never tried
> > before this.
>
> You will have to comment out the #ifdef USE_WIN32DLLs
> but it is only supported for video and crashes for me if linked to winmm.

Ah.  Yes, I noticed that bit of code.  I tried to port that native
loader looking stuff to ad_realaud.c but I don't think I succeeded.  And
the only clip I have here at home that needs Real DLLs needs audio only,
so I haven't tested the video yet.  I'll probably dig through mphq and
find more clips to test with.

Why does cygwin MPlayer link to winmm?  I noticed that, but didn't think
anything of it.  For what is it needed and can it be removed in favor of
making Real DLLs work?  I should probably test them myself and see
before I talk about fixing a problem I haven't seen.

By the way, thanks to everyone participating in this conversation.  I
really appreciate the help.

--Joey