[MPlayer-dev-eng] packaging cygwin mplayer

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Feb 9 21:43:33 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:30:25PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Joey Parrish wrote:

> Appears to work nicely in my tests.
>
> Configurable file associations will be welcome enhancement, though (Yes,
> I already read your answer to this, just remarking).

I haven't been able to find out how to do this with Inno yet, although
I've seen it done in much more complicated script that uses an extended
version of Inno with Pascal scripting.  If I can avoid that, I'd like
to.  The GIMP for win32 is what I've been looking at for help, and it's
much more complicated than what I need, so I have trouble hacking out
the bits of code that ask for what files to associate.

> Nice work, this is another important step towards world domination ;-)

Speaking of domination, MPlayer should be able to replace RealPlayer.
However, I haven't gotten the real dlls to work in cygwin yet.  I am
still investigating why, but dlopen quits with error 126 (file not
found, i think) with both of the following completely correct paths:
  c:\program files\mplayer\conf\lib\real\sipr.dll
  /cygdrive/c/program files/mplayer/conf/lib/real/sipr.dll
and the MPlayer gets sig11.  When I compile with --enable-debug, it
still gives error 126 from dlopen, but the sig11 goes away, so I have no
idea where or why it happens.  Any suggestions for what to try next?
I got these DLLs from mplayerhq on the codecs page as rp8codecs for
win32.  Are these known to work at all under cygwin?  I've never tried
before this.

--Joey