[MPlayer-dev-eng] [QUESTION] osd and cache fill

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sun Feb 9 17:35:56 CET 2003

Hi,

I think mplayer should display the current pre-cache-fill status as osd on
screen (for example useful with fixed-vo and gui) ...

To add an callback to stream_enable_cache was not difficult ...

So, now I can display another figure on commandline, but then I tried it with
using the osd and it did not work ...

void osd_cache_callback(float percent)
{
  printf(" callback: %5.2f%%",percent);
  if (use_gui)
  {
    printf("\n\nmore osd-cb: %5.2f%% \n\n",percent);
    osd_visible=50; // ??? sec
    vo_osd_progbar_type=OSD_VOLUME;
    vo_osd_progbar_value=percent;
    vo_osd_changed(OSDTYPE_PROGBAR);
  }
}

I know volume is not right and I know that osd_visible should be some other
figure ...

But it does not display anything ...

Problem is also that sh_video is not set at that time ... Don't worry its for
after 0.90, but I need some starting point help ...

DOCS/tech/osd.txt did NOT help ... btw ...

cu

Fabian