[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: lavc-Options for *BEST*

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sat Feb 8 21:54:18 CET 2003

"D Richard Felker III" <dalias at aerifal.cx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:20030205164446.GP192 at brightrain.aerifal.cx...
> I think the biggest advantage we'd have in getting this format
> adopted is speed. If it's super-efficient, well-designed, and has a
> working implementation while the MCF and Matroska people are still
> trying to figure out how to put stupid bytecode menus and crap in
> their files, people will use our format, and then when this new stuff
> is finally implemented, people will say "WTF? It uses a lot more space
> than [insert the name of our format here] and seeking doesn't work
> right and ...! I'm not switching to this crap!" and they'll stick with
> our format.
> Rich

Why are you insulting us ?? Dont you have any form of respect for the work
and the labour of other people ?

libmatroska is ready by today, and its working already. Cyrius will have
support for matroska files in VirutaldubMod pretty soon now, and the DShow
parser is also being worked on right now.

If you dont want menues or other features of matroska, well, dont put some
in. EBML will allow even simple players, like mplayer, to skip all the
elements you dont want to support.

Christian
http://matroska.org