[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: MPCF Draft/Discussion (MPlayerContainerFormat)

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sat Feb 8 22:47:51 CET 2003

"Arpi" <arpi at thot.banki.hu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:200302082145.h18LjLYR020873 at mail.mplayerhq.hu...
> could you please stop sending these useless mails and either be technical
> and send constructive comments, or even better: facts against what we
think,
> or stop sending mail at all.

I'd love to send constructive comments, and even better, to state facts
against what you think about matroska.

Very unfortunately the only things i read about our container was that it
'sucks' , 'is overly complicated' , ' has crappy sepcs' and 'is not what you
need' . Its hard to reply with technical arguments against such statements,
would you agree ? If one of you could point us a bit more detailled where
you dont like our specs i will make sure that the matroska developers will
reply detailled why we made things the way we did them.

Again, Albeu's suggestions were golden for us, and most of his suggestions
led to matroska being what it is today. Note that he was critizing MCF specs
these days, not matroska specs. And yes, we find MCF specs also not really
perfect. At least we can judge about them, because we know them very well.

> sending 'you sir sucks badly' to each mplayer developer has no place here.
> we know mcf/matriska well enough, don't worry. it's just far from our
needs.
> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

I am sorry Arpi, but i honestly have doubts here, at least with respect to
matroska. Since the specs were done i avoided to copy this list here asking
for input, for wellknown reasons.

ChristianHJW
http://matroska.org