[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Feb 7 23:58:52 CET 2003

Hi,

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:16:27PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > it won't be useless. i even asked this few days ago, when i fwd'ed the
> > announce mail of 1.2.5. unfortunatelly i don't have time to do it.
> >
> > if you can keep our portability fixes (cygwin etc) then it's ok to apply
> > before rc4.
>
> Here is the big patch, it's now libdvdcss 1.2.5 with mplayer portability
> fixes. Everything key-cache specific is now in dvdcss files (moved the
> creation of DVDKeys dir out of dvd_reader.c).

nice

but:

> +echocheck "limits.h"
> +cat > $TMPC << EOF
> +#include <limits.h>
> +int main(void) { return 0; }
> +EOF
> +_limits=no
> +cc_check && _limits=yes
> +if test "$_limits" = yes ; then
> +  _def_limits='#define HAVE_LIMITS_H 1'
> +else
> +  _def_limits='#undef HAVE_LIMITS_H'
> +fi
> +echores "$_limits"

we use limits.h at many places already without any check...

but:

css.c.diff:
+#ifdef HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H
+#   include <sys/param.h>
+#endif
+#ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H
+#   include <unistd.h>
+#endif
 #include <fcntl.h>
-#include <unistd.h>
+
+#ifdef HAVE_LIMITS_H
+#   include <limits.h>
+#endif

we never define HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H nor HAVE_UNISTD_H nor HAVE_STDINT_H nor
HAVE_INTTYPES_H (inttypes.h is also used at many places without check)

so either these #ifdef's should be removed or checks for those .h files
added to ./configure.

imho check for files already used without #ifdef is not needed (remove
#ifdefs): unistd.h, inttypes.h, limits.h
but for example sys/params.h is only included on some bsd systems #ifdfe
__netbsd__ or sth).

we should keep such changes minimal, respect the freezee...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino