[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF Draft/Discussion (MPlayer ContainerFormat)

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Fri Feb 7 20:31:13 CET 2003

Hi!

This format looks nice imho, I have to questions:
- so startcodes start with a high bit (not stated explicitly)
- maybe there is no simple better way, but if 1 bit is broken in
the forward/backward pointer, that can't be detected to well, and a clever
demuxer will crash than imho

and one wrong positioning because of a bit broken in one of the pointers,
and than the demuxer might think it is now at a non keyframe - but I
understand that no 64 bit startcode for non keyframes is for saving space,
and one can always call every frame keyframe for error resilence.

afaict this packet format with the startcodes allows all future additions
that have been mentioned sofar (menu, picture, etc.) indeed

bye
Denes