[MPlayer-dev-eng] One demended feature to add

Filip Kalinski filon at pld.org.pl
Fri Feb 7 11:08:00 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:25:00 +0100
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:12:03 +0100
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Changes:
> > > - support command line parameter -fstype, eg. -fstype layer:12,netwm:above
> > > - help (-fstype help) also availabible
> >
> > eh
> > it would be better to use the suboption syntax, to be consistent with the
> > other options. ie -fstype layer=12:netwm=above ...
> > you don't even need to write parser fo rit it's done by cfg/cmdline parser
> > just fill the struct. see -lavdopts for example
> >

> OK, I wille change it.
> I like syntax of -ao more, but it seems that everyone else not :-(
> But the nice thing is that cfgparser will do it for me :-)

I have looked at CONF_TYPE_SUBCONFIG in cfgparser, and I think that it
doesn't fit here.
By setting e.g. "-fstype layer:12,netwm:above,netwm:fullscreen" I set the _order_
of trying different layer change types.
And someting like (with "-fstype layer=12,netwm=above,netwm=fullscreen""):

struct config fs_type_conf[]={
        {"layer", &fs_layer, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 0, 15, NULL},
        {"netwm", &vo_netwm_subtype, CONF_TYPE_STRING, 0, 0, 0, NULL},
        {NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL}
}

will just set the fs_layer to 12 and set vo_netwm_subtype to last netwm
option ("fullsreen"). This is not what I want. I don't know if layer was
chosen first and what other netwm=foo options were used.

Cfgparser just not the right tool :-(

--
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl>