[MPlayer-dev-eng] container format

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Feb 6 21:06:49 CET 2003

Hi

On Thursday 06 February 2003 19:05, michael c wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one thing that came to mind when it comes to error resilience: How about
> "rotating" the data by 90 degrees, the way I think it is done in asf and
> rm(?) too. This way, errors would not so easily appear in a row (after
> rotating it back), which I suppose codecs would handle worse than if the
> errors are spread more widely.
yes shuffling the packets is a very good idea so larger errors get spread over
a larger area, mpcf does support that for audio but not for video as video
has variable size slices and so its more tricky, but h264 allows macroblocks
to be assigned to slices in any order, so loosing a few slices in a row
wouldnt be a problem as the lost blocks would be spread evenly over the frame

[...]

Michael