[MPlayer-dev-eng] None

Frodo hobbit csharprules at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:40:43 CET 2003

First of all I wanna thank you guys for developing this great
player. Really excellent work.

now my questions. I've been busy porting mplayer to the xbox and noticed a
few quirks

1. How to get the current play time?
I now display d_video->pts as the current playtime when there's a video
stream and d_audio->pts if there only an audio stream (like .mp3 files)
(Offcourse I could use the d_audio->pts always, but I don't use it right
know because in FF/RW mode the audio is stopped and thus the pts isn't
valid.)

Problem is that for mpeg2 files the d_video->pts isn't increasing but
jumping around. e.g. if I display d_video->pts when playing an mpeg2 file it
goes like 15.00-> 15.20-> 0.0 -> 15.40 -> 15.60 ->0.0 ....

Any workaround for this?

2. demux_control()
I use this for displaying the total movie/song length and for seeking in the
file. However for many formats it doesn't return the correct total time.
I found it to be wrong for:
- mpeg files
- mp3 files(VBR)
- divx files(VBR)