[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling with libmp3lame (rc3)

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Tue Feb 4 12:20:09 CET 2003

Yesterday i tried to compile mplayer with libmp3lame and come up with these
conclusions:
after i ran again './configure' for mp3lame detection, when i ran 'make' it
spew out some errors about left operand was inexisting.

After some code inspection i found that there might be an error in the
configure script.

I seems that the 'HAVE_MP3LAME' must be defined with the mp3lame version
also.

One of the errors occours in line 201 of mencoder.c :

#if HAVE_MP3LAME >= 392

So, I solved it by editing config.h (i'm not sure this was the file...)
and added the correct version, in my case 393.

Maybe in my system mp3lame did not successfully got detected.

I just thought you guys would want to know...

System: RedHat 7.3, gcc 3.2 (upgraded by using RH80 rpm's)

Luis Correia
PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu