[MPlayer-dev-eng] XCF support

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 3 19:25:31 CET 2003

Am Sonntag, 26. Januar 2003 00:16 schrieb Jean-Yves Lamoureux:
> Hi all,
>
> I was thinking about incorporate XCF (Gimp own format) loading to
> Mplayer. Here's why :

I'm not in the MPlayer-Core-Team, but as they don't answer I will ;) ...

We have feature-freeze time, so changes are only allowed to certain parts ...

But as you want to implement a new video decoder, It'll be OK...

Just look at libmpcodecs/vd_gif.c for example ...

It was introduced only some time ago ...

So there are already other animated formats supported, why not also vd_xcf ;-)

So go for it !

And read other Code to start, and read DOCS/tech/* (almost everything can be
interesting for you)

You should think especially about supporting strides and direct rendering, but
that is all explained in the docs ...

dr = you render direct to some video-buffer ...
strides = you update only certain parts of the picture ... (such a
callback-function)

cu

Fabian

> Thanks for your time :)