[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] OSD menu tries to play symlinks to directories

Sebastian Kapfer sebastian_kapfer at web.de
Mon Feb 3 16:56:53 CET 2003

[The following is a re-post of a bug report I sent about a week ago to
mplayer-users. Nobody seemed to care over there, so I'm re-trying here.]

Verified versions: CVS snapshots 2003-01-31 and 2003-01-24.

The default OSD menu has an "Open..." command which allows me to select
a movie to play. Unfortunately, the directory scanner doesn't check for
symlinked directories. If the user chooses a symlink-to-directory,
mplayer tries to "play" the target directory, which of course does not
work.

Proposed micro-patch: Change libmenu/menu_filesel.c, line 97; replace
the call to lstat by a call to stat. Works for me, and seems the logical
choice.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!