[MPlayer-dev-eng] -ovc rawrgb is broken! [BUG]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 1 22:54:29 CET 2003

Hi,

> On -users, Dean Messing has been reporting problems using -ovc rawrgb
> with mencoder. I looked into the problem, and as I suspected, it's an
> issue with the odd image width he was using. For the original posts,
> see:
>
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-January/028589.html
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-January/028843.html
>
> Anyway, the problem is that stride&3 must be 0 for raw rgb24 avi
> files. vd_raw.c handles this correctly so that files with width&3!=0
> play fine, but mencoder's ve_rawrgb.c generates broken files with
> frames that are misaligned and too short.
>
> What's the correct way to fix this? Is there a way to make ve_rawrgb.c
> demand aligned strides,

no way, unless you do direct rendering so yo ucan force any stride.
of couse it may cause problems if upper codecs/filters don't like it,
but hopefully expand filter is in the way so it won't be problem...

> or should it do the repacking itself? This

no... dunno... maybe, but only for width%3!=0 case

> should really be fixed before 0.90!

why? i don't think it's release critical, esp. that it's a design issue...
but it should be documented...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino