[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: --enable-svga

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Wed Dec 31 12:54:04 CET 2003

Hi Ivan Kalvachev,

on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:30:47 +0200 (EET) you wrote:

> Well,well,well.
>
> I told you that --enable is idiotic.
> I was the one that wanted to change --enable to meen autodetected
> (I also proposed --force to meen force), but I was threaten that
> my cvs write access will be taken away if i do such thing.
It may sound harsh but i think it's right so. Don't change the
fucking configure !!!! How it work now is nice and clean. We all
hate to hand edit buggy autodetect stuff, so don't do that.
Plus there is no point i wasting hours in such big changes that would
most probably lead to some bugs in configure at first, wich again waste
time, bw, etc ....
So please all, just forget about configure and let him rest in peace ;)

> Arpi think's that the mplayer way, and Gabucino is happy if he can
> confuse/abuse as many users as possible. The rest of developers
> don't want to take side or doesn't care.
Most probably bcs they don't want to waste time in such discussion as
they know what will happend to configure: NOTHING !!! Just more crap
on the list :(
	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.