[MPlayer-dev-eng] some license/copyright issues

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Tue Dec 30 17:51:34 CET 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > IMO vo_sdl should be removed anyway. It's hopelessly broken...
>
> It's also the only one that works for MacOSX (and it works fine).
>
> What's broken ?

	I was going to ask the same thing.

	On OS/X the SDL works great.  It is possible, for the video, to use
	'-vo x11' since XFree86 4.3.x is installed - but there's no 'xv'
	support (unknown why - perhaps the XF86 folks just haven't gotten
	around to it yet) so it is slower.   The SDL knows how to use the
	underlying native graphics subsystem  and uses a lot less cpu.   For
	the audio the SDL works well but I do that '-ao macosx' will work too:
	'Audio output: sdl mpegpes(file) macosx'

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz