[MPlayer-dev-eng] twos audio in mov files

Karl Wood mplayer at shevek.f9.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 17:27:59 CET 2003

Joey Parrish writes:
> I don't understand the patch/problem either, but it sounds like
> endianness problems if it's always fixed for one half and broken for the
> other.  Is anyone who knows better looking into it?

Endianness, hmmm ...

I'm looking into it, but I don't know better. I like to do regression
testing so don't expect a quick fix (which is why I sent my post as a
"heads up").

My understanding is that SGI Quicktime movies need the patch, so I
need to get my hands on the same to confirm this - maybe next week
I can access one I made on an SGI Indy some years ago.

My motivation is that I greatly respect both mplayer and mjpegtools
(whose Quicktime movies break with the patch) and I want to maintain
interoperability.