[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Dec 29 15:44:42 CET 2003

From: "Attila Kinali" <attila at kinali.ch>
> Then why do more and more windows user use mplayer eventhough there
> is no nice gui available on windows ?

Maybe simply because they don't like to download and install a new codec for
every file they want to watch ;-) - with half of the codecs either breaking
your system, installing spyware or something like this.
At least with win9x that you have to reinstall about twice a year (at least
if you really use it), that's really a pain in the ass..
I use mplayer under windows because it simply works, and what for do I need
a GUI? I want to watch videos, not GUIs!

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger