[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [matroska-devel] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sun Dec 28 19:41:57 CET 2003

* ChristianHJW <christian at matroska.org> [2003-06-28 16:35:45 +0200]:

<snip>
> I 'd have high hopes on this also, but i am not convinced that it is
> possible to find a common denominator easily.

Why not ?
What stuff can relly not be common ?

<snip>
> I fully agree here BBB. This codec API can maybe base on a small lib,
> but thats it. Alex Stewarts' libuci was more an example lib how UCI
> could be used from an app, while on the codec side this wasnt required
> at all IIRC:

Well, the only dependency these libs may have could be a small lib for
plain memory management, filesystem access, etc with a platform independent
interface. (i've done sth in this direction some years ago:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/deimos)

<snip>
> Alex had the following plans for UCI :
>
> UCI : codec API
> UFI : filter API
> UMI : muxing API, so that various containers could be used from
> supporting apps
Quite similar to my suggestion (see my other postings)

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481