[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [xine-devel] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Dec 28 12:05:31 CET 2003

ChristianHJW wrote:
> We are thinking 10 years ahead, and compared to the necessary decoding power
> to play a HDTV ( 1280 x 960 ) h.264 ( AVC, MPEG4-10 ) video, the CPU cycles
> you will need to parse a matroska file or to use a CORBA wrapped codec API,
> will just be peanuts, so why should we care at all .... ??
rotfl!!! I guess you use winXP with Luna, or that (SGI?) "next-generation"
super totally 3D desktop, those are also great "enhancements" for the future..

This kind of thinking doesn't work, it actually never worked. By the time
people began recognizing the Amiga and her OS' capabilities, its manufacturer
was long gone.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team