[MPlayer-dev-eng] deterministic builds

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Dec 23 16:05:19 CET 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:54:52 +0000
Adam Rice <adamrice at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Good answer. Ok, what about DVD menus? Everyone was sitting pretty with their
> hands over their ears pretending that DVD menus didn't exist, then Ogle came
> along. Man that thing was an ugly hack, it was amazing it worked at all, but
> within weeks the inertia was broken and Xine had DVD menu support. Of course,
> MPlayer is still pretending that DVD menus don't exist... ;-)

Well not really, Sam from vlc (dont ask me his surname) was working
on it for a pretty long time and most of the stuff know anbout
DVD subtitles and menu goes onto his account. Ogle just took his
notes and put it into a working program. Why wasn't it then in vlc ?
Because the design didn't allow it at that time. It's pretty much
the same with MPlayer, the design isnt ready for dvd menus.
Sure it could be done, but it would be an ugly hack.

			Attil Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu