[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayerHQ] SSH keys

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 22 03:27:42 CET 2003

Quoting ALEJANDROLANDIM (ALEJANDROLANDIM at terra.es):
> I read a post saying openssh was buggy. What are the bugs?

Don't worry about it. There's been a lot of wild unsubstantiated claims about
the quality of various free software projects flying about these lists lately.

> I just want to know if I also need to move to ssh.com.

I wouldn't recommend it. OpenSSH gets a lot more scrutiny. Just make sure
you're up-to-date and you've got privilege separation turned on.

If I might offer a touch more advice, if you want reliable security
information look to a security mailing list. Being an expert on video playback
does not make one an expert on security, as has become abundantly clear in the
last week or so.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England