[MPlayer-dev-eng] gnu gettext data

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 20 22:33:31 CET 2003

Hi,
there is a partial gettext support.

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 03:11:09PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > MPlayer does not use gettext. The i18n support is for other stuff.
NO! Mplayer can use gettext... or did at the when I test it.

> Then why the only place in sources where USE_I18N (the
> #define set when
> i18n is detected) is only used in mp_msg.c?
Yes. Nothing more is needed.

Leave language to in configure to en.
Then If you manually generate .po files (based on help_mp-XX.h) it will work
acording to Your locale.

> And the most used function in this piece of code have
> a lot to do with gettext?
Every mp_msg goes trough the gettext...

Once I manully generated .po files (maybe somwhere in mailing list archive
is small c code I used to do it). The when I installed them It worked.

			Jiri Svoboda