[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPHQ server maintainence, upgrade

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Dec 17 14:31:40 CET 2003

Hi,

MPHQ server will be shutdown in a few minutes, and will be
temporarily unavailable for unpredicted time (hours).
We're migrating OS from debian to slackware, sendmail+qmail to
postfix and so on. Ie a new system (already prepared and tested)
will be used, but we have to move services like cvs, mail lists,
web content etc, including user database and other config settings.
It will take some time, but i hope that cvs will be back first,
followed by ftp, web and mailing lists.
Secondary services, like web/archive search, etc will be
fixed later.

I'll disable incoming SMTP on the firewall, to avoid dropping
mails until the mailman configuration and user database move.

Also, undeliverable queued mails will be probably dropped, so
if you have mail server issues right now, you may lose some
maillist mails. sorry...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu