[MPlayer-dev-eng] Little patch

Mariusz Jedrzejewski mj at polcard.com.pl
Thu Dec 11 08:40:44 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 01:32:58PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:36:21 +0100
> Mariusz Jedrzejewski <mj at polcard.com.pl> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > There is a stupid as I've never seen before proxy server - Nokia Checkpoint.
> > This thing is not able to process properly Proxy-Authorization string when
> > it ends with equal sign ('='). Even when it is normal for base 64
> > encoding...
> >
> > Tcpflow shows that mplayer running with http_proxy://user:pass@proxy:port
> > can send "Proxy-Authorization: Basic WeirdBase64String=".
> > My little patch can avoid that problem:
>
> [...]
>
> > After patch authorization will pass.
> >
> > Anyway, mplayer is first program that send '=' signs in Proxy-Auth string.
> > (Yes, I know it's not bad...)
>
> What does the standard say ?

Unfortunatelly for me, the standard (RFC 2617 - HTTP Authentication: Basic
and Digest Access Authentication) say:

<cite>
   To receive authorization, the client sends the userid and password,
   separated by a single colon (":") character, within a base64 [7]
   encoded string in the credentials.

      basic-credentials = base64-user-pass
      base64-user-pass  = <base64 [4] encoding of user-pass,

                       except not limited to 76 char/line>
      user-pass   = userid ":" password
      userid      = *<TEXT excluding ":">
      password    = *TEXT

   Userids might be case sensitive.

   If the user agent wishes to send the userid "Aladdin" and password
   "open sesame", it would use the following header field:

      Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==
</cite>

It looks like single Nokia Checkpoint (and mine, of course) trouble... So,
MPlayer's code is good, and I must patch every new issue. Am I right?
BTW I think about report this obvious error to vendor...

Greetings

--
+==[ mj(at)polcard.com.pl ]==[ http://206046.prv.pl ]==-------------+