[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder -mf small enhancement

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 11:22:21 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:17:29 +0100
Csan <csani at lme.linux.hu> wrote:

> As I can tell (I am not a developer person myself, yet I think I could handle
> this easily), this would be a one-liner patch to the mencoder code but I can't
> find the relevant place for that one line:
>
> rgrep -r -i -e "-mf" * | grep -v DOCS
>
> doesn't give me a line where I could start off looking for the relevant place.

Yes, there are very few documents about mplayer internals, those few that
exist are in DOCS/tech, but they maybe outdated.

> I'd like to ask you to help me make this first step ;)
> My main question would be where to look for the place in the source code to
> insert the file deletion code (the best would be to have it as an option of
> course, etc...)?

Start from mencoders main(), understand how the video is processed (which is not
hard, if you can read c code it's a half days work).

> A related question is if `mencoder -mf` would wait for more screenshots should
> it be quicker encoding than the q3 engine dumping screenshots?

AFAIK not, but that could be controllable.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu