[MPlayer-dev-eng] New inverse-telecine filter

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Fri Dec 5 23:08:10 CET 2003

> > > Well then at the very least, you need a better filter.
> >
> > Yes.  Any suggestions?  That's the same problem as tfields, that
> > flickers too.
>
> Yes, but it flickers at a steady, rapid 60 Hz, and your eyes filter
> that out, just like on a real TV. On the other hand, 5 Hz flicker
> looks horrible.

Yes, I know it is ugly, but the only filter I know that could
eliminate that is motion-compensated deinterlacing, and you know that
it's a quite complex task to write such a deinterlacer.  Or do you
know any simple kernel filter that does not flicker, and still OK
quality (pp=lb is not OK for me)?  You can to top-fiel all the time,
but then the motion will not be smoth.  What your filter does?  Output
at 60fps, since you can do variable rate in G2?

Zoli