[MPlayer-dev-eng] New inverse-telecine filter

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Fri Dec 5 23:02:15 CET 2003

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:00:28PM -0600, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
> > > No, the vo doesn't write it, because the vo copies whatever picture it
> > > gets to video memory. I'm pretty sure the error is on the codec side,
> > > since putting the scale filter in between fixes it.
> >
> > But then how come x11 and xv works?  Did you try x11 and xv?
>
> I tried x11 now, and it gives the same problem. Would you like pics?

Yes, it can help if you can upload a sample, and tell me which frame
in the source it is from.  I assume you have that on every MPEG2
source, right?

> BTW have you actually tried your non-MMX2 code?

Yes, there is a command-line argument to disable mmx2 even on MMX
machines, and I periodically run -vo md5 to make sure the MMX2 and C
versions match, but it is true that I mostly use the MMX2 code.  Why,
you suspect that the C version is wrong?  What CPU you have?

Zoli