[MPlayer-dev-eng] New inverse-telecine filter

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Dec 2 23:38:48 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:42:47PM +0200, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> Ok, this is a little off topic, but...
>
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 15:53:47 -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > Something like this is probably a good approach. I didn't write
> > anything like this because I'm interested only in maximal accuracy for
> > DVD ripping, not TV captures polluted by logos.
>
> Which of the G1 filters would be best for DVD ripping at the moment?

It's a tradeoff between accuracy and features. pullup has the best
frame selection algorithm, but it's also poorly suited to G1's awkward
filter layer, so I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to make
it regulate output framerate. That means you can't reliably use -ofps
23.976, so you have to leave the output at 29.97 fps, which gives
choppy pans. As long as it works, ivtc is probably the best for DVD
ripping with G1, for now.

Rich