[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main/DOCS/en codecs.html,1.124,1.125

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 31 00:35:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > IMO the argument for including faad is that the source package is
> > usually broken and has idiotic dependencies (like libsoundfile or
> > whatever). Same situation as dvdread/dvdcss when they were first
> > imported to mplayer cvs. On the other hand, lame and vorbis libs are
> > generally non-broken. Also lame is only needed for mencoder, which
> > most people don't seem to use.
>
> I agree, provided we could make faad work without libsndfile.

of course it works without it.
i've just commited libfaad2 dir and the requires changes to
makefile/configure/ad_faad.c

please test the code, it should work on all platforms.

if anyone wants to add support for using external libfaad instead of
the included one, feel free to send patch/commit configure changes.

> As to my original question: shall I send a doc patch to correct the
> info about faad2-1.1 not compiling under Linux (which it does)?

yes
but rather teh doc should be updated about faad: now it's included
just like liba52 or libmpeg2.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu