[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] DVB input/MPEG-TS not working correctly

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Aug 23 19:00:43 CEST 2003

> David, you are using x11 as vo; this is a big slowing factor, so you
> should check what's wrong with your xv

No XV with my NVidea Riva 128 :-( But X11/shm just works fine, though
DVD-playback is at 80% CPU usage.  I have one modeline in XF86config for
any possible DivX, MPEG, or whatever movie :-) no scaling required
(which is, BTW, much higher quality than software/hardware scaling,
since usual scaling algorithms introduce color-artifacts as they
interpolate in gamma-transformed color-space and not in the real-world
of physical brightness).

>>  > 2) it's not expected that a demuxer can read data but can't feed
>> it to the > decoder because the content is encrypted;
>>
>> it is

> so what should I do in that case?

I start to understand your problems.  What about generating and sending
a black MPEG-I frame to the decoder.  Of course that's not quite simple.
Another (ugly) solution might be to integrate/use an MPEG-2 decoder by
your demuxer, so you could demux directly into YUV-pictures.  If no data
are available from the DVB-card, you could just display anything you
want.

David