[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: 0_90/help help_mp-it.h,1.22,1.23

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 22 11:58:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

> The first is referenced by this snippet of code from mplayer.c (and
> almost identically from mencoder.c):
>
> // check codec.conf
> if(!parse_codec_cfg(get_path("codecs.conf"))){
>   if(!parse_codec_cfg(MPLAYER_CONFDIR "/codecs.conf")){
>     if(!parse_codec_cfg(NULL)){
>       mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_HINT,MSGTR_CopyCodecsConf);
>       exit(0);

this message should never be printed, as parse_codec_cfg(NULL) should not
fail. although if no builtin-codecs.conf present (afair it can be disabled
somehow) and no usable external ones, then it will be hit.

> For the second message I propose the following patch (removing the old
> message from the translations intentionally left out to save space).
> OK to commit?

yes

> -#define MSGTR_TryUpgradeCodecsConfOrRTFM "*** Try to upgrade %s from etc/codecs.conf\n*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/en/codecs.html!\n"
> +#define MSGTR_RTFMCodecs "Read DOCS/en/codecs.html!\n"

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu