[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: Re: MPlayer for MorphOS released

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 21 12:22:39 CEST 2003

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: DET Nicolas <powernico at free.fr>
To: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
Subject: Re: MPlayer for MorphOS released

Hello Arpi

On 21/08/2003, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Hello Arpi
>>
>> On 20/08/2003, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> then why dont you send back the patches for the mainsteram mplayer ???
>>>

>> I did send it of the MPLayer dev ML a mouth ago. But it seen to have been
>> lost.
>
> I don't remember such patch, and now failed to find it. Could you tell me
> the date and subject of that mail please?
>
> If you sent to mplayer-dev-eng, you must be subscribed otherwise mail is
> refused by server.

Indeed, I receive a mail back telling my that the ML is moderated, and I
should receive a mail back if my post is accepted or not

>> Well, I ported MPlayer CVS from beginning august, but I never success to
>> get something stable then I went back to V0.90.
>
> CVS is more stable now.

Ok, Nevertheless, I will not continue my work on MPlayer now, I go in other
quest :-)

>> It would be nice to have this news post on MPlayer site, no ?
>
> dunno, it's not my part.
> but the policy was that we only announce features of the official code
> (ie. cvs). there are several forks like mplayerosx, xboxmp etc, which are
> not controlled by us, not supported by us (so users shouldnt send
> bugreports to us) and so not announced by us.

Ok, as you wish, but I though it can be nice to say. You can say that's it's
a fork and you don't support it.
Or maybe, add the screenshot in the gallery.

Well, I would like to thank you for MPlayer. Nice software. I found some
bugs and mistakes. But it's a nice sofware really !

Regards