[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] Theora update #3

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 21:33:50 CEST 2003


I noticed some days ago, that my patch to update Theora support to the
new interface of alpha2 hasn't been applied.  I fixed the few points
that you criticized and hope you accept it now.

Main change is an improvement to configure: it now checks for all
required interface routines and data types, so compilation won't break
any more when Theora API changes again (or a too old version is
installed), in this case Theora support is just disabled.

Things which still can (and should?) be improved:  

Do not expect constant number of header packets since that may change in
the future.  This would require to continously read packets during init
until one packet is not marked as header packet.  Unfortunately I don't
quite know how to push back the first non-header packet into the demux
stream to be later processed by decode.

Prevent seeking backwards to seek into header packets; currently this
will just cause a green frame to be displayed for a short time.  Not a
fatal problem as theora_decode understands and discards header packets.
Difficult to do with current demux_ogg when considering a variable
number of header packets.

GnuPG public key: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~dvdkhlng/dk.gpg
Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: mplayer-theora-20030811.diff.gz
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1616 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/attachments/20030811/4d163956/attachment.obj>

More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list