[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Rett Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Mon Aug 4 16:08:42 CEST 2003

Hi,

>Rett,
>did you increase the values of MAX_PACKS and MAX_PACK_BYTES  in  demuxer.h?
>
>This is my setting:
>
>#define MAX_PACKS 32768
>
>#ifdef HAVE_TV_BSDBT848
>#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x8000000
>#else
>#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x8000000
>#endif

I had 0x2000000 in the first one instead and 0x8000000 in the second one.  I will
change and try again.

>I hope it's enough, because at that layer there's nothing else I can do.

I really appreciate all of your efforts so far.

>I tried to stream a  8 Mb/s through vls, and with those settings the
>playback is quite good.

I am testing with streaming a DVD across a switched Cisco network (are you doing
local streaming, ie all on one machine?).  I hadn't tried just a straight up PS
file.  I will try that as well tonight and let you know.

Rett