[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer arm port support for liveMedia

Mildred Frisco mildredf at asti.dost.gov.ph
Fri Aug 1 14:08:47 CEST 2003

hi armin,
i followed your instructions in building for arm

$ PATH=/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/bin:$PATH

$  ./configure --cc=arm-linux-gcc --target=arm --enable-static
--prefix=/Projects/armbuild/MPlayer-20030619/arm-build --disable-win32
--disable-dvdnav --disable-dvdread --enable-fbdev --disable-mencoder
--disable-mad --enable-live --with-livelibdir=/Projects/armbuild/live
--enable-sdl --with-sdl-config=/Projects/armbuild/SDL/bin/sdl-config
 --with-extralibdir=/Projects/armbuild/SDL/lib
--with-extraincdir=/Projects/armbuild/SDL/include
    ( i disabled mad because i previously got errors with it with my 1st
configure, i also downloaded a precompiled sdl)
    i also edited the files Makefile and bitstream.h as you told it, then

$ make
    #arm-linux-gcc -O4   -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
-Ilibmpdemux -Iloader -Ilibvo  -I/Projects/armbuild/SDL/include       -g
codec-cfg.c mp_msg.c -o codec-cfg -DCODECS2HTML
-L/Projects/armbuild/SDL/lib
gcc -O4   -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -Ilibmpdemux -Iloader
-Ilibvo  -I/Projects/armbuild/SDL/include       -g codec-cfg.c mp_msg.c
-o  -DCODECS2HTML -L/Projects/armbuild/SDL/lib
codec-cfg.c:36:25: codecs.conf.h: No such file or directory
codec-cfg.c: In function `parse_codec_cfg':
codec-cfg.c:491: `builtin_video_codecs' undeclared (first use in this
function)
codec-cfg.c:491: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
codec-cfg.c:491: for each function it appears in.)
codec-cfg.c:492: `builtin_audio_codecs' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make: *** [codec-cfg] Error 1

$

there was no codecs.conf.h file that was generated.
i attached some necessary files (configure messages -
configure_milds.txt, config.mak, and the make error message - make.log)

i also have another question regarding liveMedia cross-compilation.  i
was able to finish cross-compiling it using arm-linux tools and produced
binaries in the testProgs/ library.  however when i execute the test
programs in arm (iPAQ and assabet)  i get segmentation fault.  i'm
having a very hard time with debugging and i don't know what's wrong
with it.  what toolchain/version did you use?  i also attached my
config.arm-linux file to ask you if there's anything wrong with it.

thank you very much

mildred