[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] GTK2 Port
ardneh2 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:27:51 CEST 2003
I have ported MPlayer's GUI to GTK2 and was wondering if anyone is
interested in testing it. : )
Screenshot is here:
To quickly answer two likely questions:
* It compiles (and links;) with:
* It is not backwards compatible with GTK1 (1).
Major (visible) changes:
* New playlist that allows playing files directly from the list and
* New file selector based off of the standard GTK file selector.
(Both are are very usable, but not finished or without quirks)
* The GTK context menu shows itself when it feels like it. My advice is to
right click slowly until it does show up. I have yet to find a fix for
this. I think GTK is somehow losing signals which might make fixing it hard
(but I do have an backup plan).
* After playing several items from the playlist, the video window might not
refresh correctly. Moving the video window slightly will cause the video to
* The code for playing files from the playlist is for demonstration purposes
only. If it starts
playing a file file in a loop, or plays something out of order, you are a
victim of this bug.
* Possible crashing. I certainly hope not, but anything is possible at this
Please note that this is still a work in progress and, as such, I have not
bothered to follow any style guides save my own. If everything goes well I
will be more than happy to run indent, etc... to make it compliant.
(1) Because of the API changes in GTK2, every file that registered signals
or used GTK_OBJECT, etc... had to be changed. Essentially, this means most
of the Gui directory. The bright side to this is that, should everyone like
what they see, this patch can be provided as a separate download or
Without the following this update would not have happened:
Devhelp, Anjuta, sed (cheerfully replaced ~400+ deprecated strings), ddd
(works where Anjuta does not) and Kyle Davis for doing some basic testing
and code reviews.
-Charles J. Ezell III
The LGPL license was added to my code (enfilesel.* filefilt.*, playlist.c,
mp_pl.*) as more of an afterthought than anything else --it's negotiable.
If it conflicts with mplayer in any way let me know and I will change it.
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 36427 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng