[MPlayer-dev-eng] Using mplayer and mencoder simultaneously

Jesus Gonzalez kch at adala.org
Thu Apr 24 19:06:32 CEST 2003

On jue, 2003-04-24 at 18:25, Sycotic Smith wrote:

> First off, this should go to the -users list, not dev.  Second, try RTFM and RTFArchives, this is answered many times.
> Hint: mencoder <your options> | mplayer <your viewing options -
> (The minus is the important part!)

Sorry me, but I tought that this issue should be asked in the dev list.
I've already read the manual and also look in the list, so I already
knew this solution. With this approach you need enough CPU power and
faster disks because you need to encode and decode in real time.

I was thinking in the best way, using mplayer, of doing this using the
CPU only for encoding, something like sharing the /dev/video

Thanks for your kick response

Regards,

Jesús González