[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cygwin inttypes

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Apr 18 22:44:57 CEST 2003

Hi!

While playing around with Cygwin I came up with an idea for a (better?)
solution for the inttypes.h problem. (On Cygwin it is necessary to put
etc/cygwin_inttypes.h in /usr/include/ as inttypes.h)

I renamed etc/cygwin_inttypes.h to etc/inttypes.h and added the
following lines to configure:

if cygwin ; then
   _inc_extra="$_inc_extra -Ietc"
fi

Works like a charm without the header file hassle.

However, we already have a file called inttypes.h in etc/.  I have no
idea what it might be for, the first line reads

// fallback if the user doesn't have inttypes.h (libc5 systems)

Are there still libc5 systems left?  Is this file still used?  And for
what purpose?

Comments?

Diego