[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Real rtsp:// support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 19 01:02:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Is there any reason there would be trouble playing some rm files, but not
> others (they are all the same revision)

yes. the fileformat details, codecs, timecodes etc are mostly reverse
engineered from a given set of sample files. it's always possible that
other files uses other tricks, bits, flags etc we don't know/support
or even worse: badly support (misunderstood their meaning etc).

also note that .ra and .rm are different fileformats (container formats).
.ra is single-stream only format (like MPEG-ES) and .rm is multi-stream
(like MPEG-PS). it would be quite easy to support .ra, as there is already
.ra parser in the .rm parser as teh audio stream parser...
we just need to detect if it's .ra and do the audio header parsing only,
skipping global headers and not expecting video headers...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team