[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: More on inverse telecine!

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Apr 14 08:46:15 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Monday, April 14 at  9:26) I've received something...
>> Anyway I don't know what your sources are but on two DVDs I've encoded
>> were no standard telecine at all - somewhere they seemed as 30fps source,
>> somewhere as 24fps with telecine, somewhere as source with about 60% of
>> interlaced frames. The best results I've got with pp=lb,dint=0.2:0.002
>> but anyway there are still interlaced frames and some good frames was
>> skipped too. :(  I still wonder if there is a way to really deinterlace
>> such kind of sources...

>Yep, there definitely is. I've largely had success with SE:Lain, using
>vf_detc, and Lain has some really weird patterns!! Perhaps this is the
>DVD you're referring to? :)

    No. Its were KtMI (US DVD) and VGAi (HK DVD). :)

>BTW, how do you use vf_dint?? I've never been able to get it to do
>anything...

    Hmm, I didn't check yet if something happened with it now, there is
0.90pre8 there, I was too lazy to upgrade it, sorry. On 0.90pre8 it works
well, it drops about 10-30% of frames in dependence of source. It seems I
have to look if it works on newer versions of MPlayer.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.