[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: More on inverse telecine!

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Apr 14 08:13:20 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Sunday, April 13 at 20:30) I've received something...
[.......]
>One dead giveaway that a frame is part of the telecine pattern is when
>the max even-odd is massively smaller than max odd-even. The
>difference is often as significant as 80 vs. 3000!

    When I wrote my dint filter then I've started from comparison with
previous frame too. But then I've found it gives me not the best results.
Anyway I don't know what your sources are but on two DVDs I've encoded
were no standard telecine at all - somewhere they seemed as 30fps source,
somewhere as 24fps with telecine, somewhere as source with about 60% of
interlaced frames. The best results I've got with pp=lb,dint=0.2:0.002
but anyway there are still interlaced frames and some good frames was
skipped too. :(  I still wonder if there is a way to really deinterlace
such kind of sources...

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.