[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFD] Something...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 13 19:48:13 CEST 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 01:14:05PM +0200, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Son, 2003-04-13 um 00.46 schrieb Alex Beregszaszi:
>
> > Probably the problem is between the computer and the chair...
>
> I wish it was. :)
>
> > I'm using xvidix on PPC (PowerMac G3 Blue&White with Rage128) most of
> > the time. It works flawlessly...
>
> Cool, how did you get it to compile. Last time I tried mplayer
> compilation choked on the blatant try to compile an x86 assembler
> block on ppc.
>
> <meanwhile />
> I just checked back and saw that you added "PPC support". It still
> doesn't compile for me:
>
> gcc -c -O2   -pipe -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -fPIC -I. -I.. -o radeon_vid.o radeon_vid.c
> radeon_vid.c:830: `DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_R100_QD' undeclared here (not in a function)
> radeon_vid.c:830: initializer element is not constant
> radeon_vid.c:830: (near initialization for `ati_card_ids[0]')
> radeon_vid.c:831: `DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_R100_QE' undeclared here (not in a function)
> radeon_vid.c:831: initializer element is not constant
> radeon_vid.c:831: (near initialization for `ati_card_ids[1]')
> radeon_vid.c:832: `DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_R100_QF' undeclared here (not in a function)

Sounds like your kernel headers are ancient. Perhaps you forgot to
install up-to-date ones.

> > It's up to you..
> > Xf86 pokes into the registers too, as it's using the drivers made by the
> > GATOS (gatos.sf.net) team, and Nick's drivers are based on the gatos
> > ones.
>
> I'm not using the GATOS drivers. And unlike the random hackers trying to
> get ATI working in some random library the XFree86 team has
> a) people from ATI working on the drivers
> b) documentation and specs from ATI under NDA

LMAO, this is a good thing?!?!

It's common knowledge that GATOS works much better than the default
xf86 crap.

Daniel, how long will it take you to remember that you and your
attitudes are not liked here?? Why do you insist on keeping on coming
back when you contribute nothing useful?

Rich